In addition to participating in the National Distinguished Principals program sponsored by NAESP, VAESP recognizes educators throughout the Commonwealth by presenting the following annual awards: Award for Distinguished Service to VAESP, Donald Lacey Award for Excellence, Outstanding Assistant Principal, Outstanding Contributions to VAESP, Outstanding School Secretary, Pathfinder Award, School Bell Award, and Professional Development Award.
Please download the following award nomination forms by clicking on the underlined title or contact VAESP for any forms that you may need. Nominate one of your colleagues for a deserving award!
2013 - 2014 Nomination Deadlines: March 1, 2014
- DISTINGUISHED SERVICE TO VAESP - recognizes members who have assisted VAESP in meeting its goals
- DONALD LACEY AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE - recognizes members who have shown a strong commitment to the principalship and who demonstrate strong educational leadership
- ROBERT LYNN CANADY LIFETIME OF SERVICE AWARD - recognizes those persons in Virginia who are not members of VAESP and who have, by their deeds, enhanced the quality of elementary education
- PATHFINDER AWARD - provides recognition to a non-VAESP individual who leads the way in educational reform in elementary and middle school education and/or enhances the quality of elementary and middle school education.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD - provides recognition to any educators who have enhanced professional development opportunities for elementary and middle school principals.
- SCHOOL BELL AWARD - recognizes members who have made significant contributions to their school, school systems, state association, national association and/or other educational organization.
2013 NATIONAL DISTINGUISHED PRINCIPAL Award Deadlines:
Nominations due by December 1, 2013
Application Packet due by December 31, 2013
Once nominations are received, NDP Application Packets will be mailed to those nominees who meet the criteria described on the Nomination Application.
- NATIONAL DISTINGUISHED PRINCIPAL (Nominations Due December 1, 2013) - recognizes principals who are VAESP/NAESP members to honor exemplary elementary and middle school principals who set the pace, character, and quality of the education children receive during their early school years. This form is for nominators to nominate individuals they feel qualify for the NDP award.
- NATIONAL OUTSTANDING ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR AWARD (Nominations Due January 15, 2014) - recognizes outstanding elementary and middle school assistant principals